Find Federico on MastodonFind John on MastodonFind Alex on MastodonFind Club MacStories on Mastodon

UGREEN Nexode 200W USB C Desktop Charger, 6 Ports GaN PD Fast Charger

MACSTORIES RECOMMENDS

Great apps, accessories, gear, and media recommended by the MacStories team.

UGREEN Nexode 200W USB C Desktop Charger, 6 Ports GaN PD Fast Charger

Source: UGREEN.

Thanks to a tweet from Panic’s Cabel Sasser, I recently discovered that my HyperJuice Stackable GaN 100W USB-C Charger had been recalled. I backed Hyper’s Kickstarter for the device and had been using it for over a year when the voluntary recall was issued. Mine has always worked as advertised, but it turns out that the devices overheated and melted for some users. I would have preferred to have my money back, but Hyper will be issuing store credit instead. Not great, but at least I got a year of charging from the device and only spent $60 on it as an early backer.

Although I had no issues with the HyperJuice charger, I immediately unplugged it and began looking for a new charging solution at my desk. What I liked about the HyperJuice was that it was small. I could plug it in and run three USB-C and one USB-A cable to it that I kept clipped to the edge of my desk. When I needed to charge something, I just pulled on the cord I needed, stacking devices on the corner of my desk.

This story is for Club MacStories, Club MacStories+, and Club Premier members only.

Join the Club and get access now.

Already a member? Sign in