Find Federico on MastodonFind John on MastodonFind Alex on MastodonFind Club MacStories on Mastodon

App Debuts

APP DEBUTS

Noteworthy new app releases and updates, handpicked by the MacStories team.

HomeBatteries

HomeBatteries is a HomeKit battery tracking app from Adam Foot, the creator of TV Remote and other apps. This week, Adam introduced version 2.0 of HomeBatteries, which I’ve found to be one of the easiest ways to track the status of batteries in HomeKit devices, no matter what they are. The app organizes your battery-operated devices by room in your HomeKit home, listing the name of the device and its charge percentage. Tapping on a device provides more details about its battery, such as whether it’s charging, a graph of its charge status over time, and other details. You can set notifications as well as custom charge thresholds that trigger them. I’ve been using HomeBatteries most on my iPhone, but it’s also available on the iPad, Apple Watch, and Vision Pro and syncs via iCloud across them all. HomeBatteries is free to download, but some features require a subscription.

This story is for Club MacStories, Club MacStories+, and Club Premier members only.

Join the Club and get access now.

Already a member? Sign in