Find Federico on MastodonFind John on MastodonFind Alex on MastodonFind Club MacStories on Mastodon

App Debuts

APP DEBUTS

Noteworthy new app releases and updates, handpicked by the MacStories team.

Quick Capture: Fast Notes

Here’s how I would pitch the latest app by developer Philip Davis: imagine if the original version of Drafts came out in 2022 and supported all the modern ways to enter text on an iPhone. Quick Capture is an extremely simple fast-entry utility for text that supports traditional keyboard input, dictation, and Live Text recognition via the Camera. When you’re done entering text, you can then share it with the share sheet and use extensions or shortcuts. That’s it. There are no pages or folders, no iPad app, no sync, no custom commands. Quick Capture is just a text field with three different input methods and a button to share your text. As Drafts has grown into a mature and more complex utility for text entry, the appeal of Quick Capture (and another similar app, Remind Me Faster) is its utmost simplicity and integration with iOS. I think I’m going to take this for a spin on my Home Screen.

This story is for Club MacStories, Club MacStories+, and Club Premier members only.

Join the Club and get access now.

Already a member? Sign in