Find Federico on MastodonFind John on MastodonFind Alex on MastodonFind Club MacStories on Mastodon

My Obsidian Setup, Part 3: My 'Dashboard' Note for Quick Links, Todoist Tasks, Saving Ideas, and Keeping Track of Current Projects

THE EXTENSION

Exploring topics beyond our day-to-day coverage.

My Obsidian Setup, Part 3: My 'Dashboard' Note for Quick Links, Todoist Tasks, Saving Ideas, and Keeping Track of Current Projects

My Dashboard note.

In previous installments of my series about Obsidian, I covered the basics of the app, its core plugins and options offered by third-party developers, plus advanced settings and my approach to sync and hotkeys. Today, I want to get into the juicy part of this series and explain in detail one of my favorite aspects of my Obsidian setup: my Dashboard note, which is rapidly becoming my second brain for everything that’s on my mind and has to be archived somewhere more reliable.

While I take plenty of notes in Obsidian and am also writing my iOS and iPadOS 15 review in it, the Dashboard is the single note I keep going back to the most; over the past few months, I’ve modified it to my needs and preferences, and now I think I have something that could potentially be useful to other people too.

This story is for Club MacStories, Club MacStories+, and Club Premier members only.

Join the Club and get access now.

Already a member? Sign in