Find Federico on MastodonFind John on MastodonFind Alex on MastodonFind Club MacStories on Mastodon

App Debuts

APP DEBUTS

Noteworthy new app releases and updates, handpicked by the MacStories team.

MusicHarbor

Marcos Tanaka’s amazing utility for keeping track of new music releases has been updated with a feature I publicly wished for just a few weeks ago: MusicHarbor can now automatically add singles from upcoming albums to a specific playlist. I’ve always dreamed of this functionality: before a new album from one of my favorite artists is coming out, I like to “prepare” for it by listening to singles that have already been released, so I can get a sense of what to expect. (I understand why some folks like to stay away from singles, much like they do with movie and videogame spoilers; I respect that. However, in this attention-based economy where so much good entertainment is released every week, I need to optimize my time-to-curiosity ratio as much as possible.) With this feature, MusicHarbor now provides a built-in solution to have a dedicated area for “studying” upcoming albums via singles. Due to a bug, the feature isn’t working with Spotify for me at the moment, but Tanaka is investigating the issue, so I hope I’ll be able to take advantage of it myself soon.

This story is for Club MacStories, Club MacStories+, and Club Premier members only.

Join the Club and get access now.

Already a member? Sign in