Find Federico on MastodonFind John on MastodonFind Alex on MastodonFind Club MacStories on Mastodon

App Debuts

APP DEBUTS

Noteworthy new app releases and updates, handpicked by the MacStories team.

Apollo

Christian Selig’s terrific Reddit client received a major update this week that, in addition to bringing some gorgeous new alternative icons, also introduced big changes to notifications.

First, you can now create local reminders to reopen specific posts and check them out again at a specific date and time. This is useful if you come across an interesting post but want to check it out once it has more comments, or simply because you don’t have time right now. Second, Apollo has a new system for sending you notifications from specific sub-reddits. You can now create sub-reddit ‘watchers’ that will notify you when posts from a sub-reddit match certain conditions. These are effectively smart folders, but for Reddit posts and notifications; there are filters for title and link contents, author, and number of upvotes. I love this feature and its combination of custom filters with notifications. Lastly, you can now create notifications for trending posts from sub-reddits, which I did for a few communities I follow so I don’t miss out on popular posts during the week.

This story is for Club MacStories, Club MacStories+, and Club Premier members only.

Join the Club and get access now.

Already a member? Sign in