Find Federico on MastodonFind John on MastodonFind Alex on MastodonFind Club MacStories on Mastodon

App Debuts

APP DEBUTS

Noteworthy new app releases and updates, handpicked by the MacStories team.

Parrot

Developed by Sandro Pennisi, the creator of the excellent Widgeridoo, Parrot is a new utility to create good-looking textshots from text selected on Safari webpages that you can share on social media. Once you’ve selected text in Safari, tap the Parrot action extension and you’ll be presented with an overlay to tweak the format and style of the image that contains the quoted text. While there are other apps that do what Parrot does, I like the innovations that Parrot is bringing to this space: you can choose include a QR code in the textshot that makes it easy for people to open the associated link, and Parrot tries to automatically extract the key color of the website you’re on and use it as a the primary color of the image. I really like the idea behind Parrot, and I hope Pennisi will add more options to change fonts and save custom color presets in the future.

This story is for Club MacStories, Club MacStories+, and Club Premier members only.

Join the Club and get access now.

Already a member? Sign in